Everyone experiences pain many times throughout their lives, which is why CBD creams are rising in popularity rapidly. Among the dissimilar yet similar CBD products, the most popular products for pain are creams and lotions. Here is everything you need to know about CBD creams, how it may be used for pain, and what to look for in a CBD cream.
How CBD Cream Alleviate Pain
The human body consists of several systems for us to function properly. For example, for our body to fight against bacteria that causes common illnesses like fever, our immune system protects our body from infection. Likewise, for our body to feel, we have our endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is what makes us process different feelings like pain, pleasure, our mood and even sleep patterns.
CBD comes from the hemp plant. The hemp plant contains phytocannabinoids that works with our endocannabinoid system, giving CBD its therapeutic benefits. Different types of pain our body feel, such as chronic, peripheral neuropathy, myofascial and osteoarthritis pain may be reduced with the assistance of CBD creams.
What To Look For In A CBD Cream
Not all CBD topical creams are effective for therapeutic relief, so here is what you need to look out for when choosing a CBD cream for pain:
- Quality control: Get a cream where the brand shows recent third-party lab testing and results.
- The brand: Check the brand of the CBD cream, it is safer to get a cream from a reputable brand that has been in the industry for years or new, small brands that focus a lot on their quality. Brand reviews are a good reference.
- Hemp source: Get products where their hemp is US-grown.
- Type of hemp extract: There are three types that is effective and safe to use. First, full-spectrum hemp extract containing small amounts of THC from the whole hemp plant. Second, broad-spectrum extract which is full-spectrum CBD without THC. Thirdly, just CBD extract, also known as CBD isolate.
- Extraction method: The most common extraction methods are carbon dioxide (CO2) and ethanol.
How To Use CBD Creams
The first step when applying CBD creams is to locate your problem area(s)! Secondly, you need to clean and dry the area(s), then you can apply a small amount of cream on your skin. As CBD creams have low permeability, you can increase the amount of cream you apply each time, depending on how you feel after every application. Massage while applying so it can be absorbed into your skin easier.
Shop for CBD Creams at EV Naturals
When it comes to CBD creams, EV Naturals have an impressive selection of CBD creams that are moisturizing and suitable for therapeutic relief. All of our CBD products are lab tested and we ensure each product contains the best CBD extracts. Start shopping today!